How to Stop Coming Under the Swing Plane in Golf
By Clay Ballard, Certified RST Instructor•FULL BIO•
Coming into impact under plane kills your consistency, often resulting in blocked shots, thin shots, or even hooks.
So, it's time to stop coming under the swing plane in golf and get back control of your golf ball!
In this video, I’ll show you what swinging under plane looks like (so you can analyze it yourself), what causes it, and how to fix it.
You'll also see Tiger’s near-perfect downswing in a side-by-side comparison with an under-plane swing.
Watch this video now to get your swing on plane just like Tiger's!
Checkpoints for Practice
- Swing Plane Determined by "Elbow Plane"
- If Club Drop Flatter Than Elbow Plane You Are Under Plane
- Also Called Shaft Tipping
- Rotate Forearms Counter Clockwise to Steepen Plane
Get Your FREE Membership Instantly!
- 25 Videos to learn the Rotary Swing Tour Basics
- Improve Faster with our slow motion swing analyzer
- 60+ pro golfer analyses, including Tiger and Lefty
Other Golf Instruction Articles
- 3 Moves to Incredible Lag and Speed: Student Example
- Don't Spin Your Hips Really Fast in the Downswing
- Downcock Pump Drill to Increase Lag
- Drill to Increase Lag and Fix Left Thumb Pain / Soreness
- Drills to Avoid Being Stuck in Your Golf Swing
- Effortless Power from a Proper Right Arm Release
- Former David Leadbetter Student Turns to Rotary Swing Tour for Answers