Want to add a quick 10 yards to your shots and fix at least 4 common swing faults with one practice drill? Then scrounge together $25 and buy the best training aid for the money. The impact bag is probably one of the best training aids around for several reasons.
One, it helps return your focus to the only point of the golf swing that really matters – impact. Two, it helps ingrain the proper sensations one should feel at impact. And three, it helps train you to use the bigger muscles in the golf swing to strike the ball. That’s a tall order for a training aid, especially for something costs less than $25, but this one can do it all. In this video, I describe two very important, yet simple and effective drills for how to properly use the impact bag to strike the ball more with your core and train your body to be in a solid position at impact.
Using the impact bag is also one of the best ways to “winterize” your swing for those of you living in cooler climates. You can get just as much quality practice time indoors working with an impact bag as you can from hitting one hundred balls on the range. Here are just a few key things that using the impact bag will help with:
1. Working with an impact bag and making 3/4 swings will help increase clubhead lag for golfers who tend to overswing and cast from the top. The impact bag helps return your focus to impact.
2. Working with the drills from the video will immediately help those who tend to cup their wrist through impact and hit with their hands.
3. Hitting the impact bag properly will help develop the sensation of keeping the arms passive and learning to aggressively hit with the body.
4. Once you learn how to use your body, you will be able to tap into increased power and compress the ball properly with less effort.
View Premium Member video drills using the Impact Bag:
Latest posts by Chuck Quinton (Posts)
- How to Shallow Golf Swing Plane - May 23, 2017
- Pro Secret to Releasing the Golf Club for Maximum Speed - May 21, 2017
- How to Practice Golf Like the Pros - May 20, 2017